We are excited to WELCOME you to The Yoga Mat !
No need to be hesitant, everyone had a FIRST class! Beginning-level yoga is the first stage in most practices, but you are welcome to attend any class you feel ready for.
We have yoga mats, blocks, straps, bolsters, and water for your use. You may always bring your own, especially a towel if you practice Hot Yoga.
Please arrive 10-minutes prior to class to fill out limited paperwork and see the layout of our space…..hopefully it will soon become yours as well.
As a beginner, you may want to start with classes suitable for all students, such as Yoga 101, Hatha, Restorative or Slow Flow Vinyasa.
(see our classes page)
However, if you feel up to it…you are welcome to begin in any of our classes, remember to honor YOUR body !
GOOD TO KNOW
Whether new to yoga or a seasoned yogi, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Yoga class is not a competition. It is not about performing the pose perfectly, or looking better than your neighbor. So relax, and don’t be shy about taking a break in a resting pose if needed.
- The only person judging you is you! The rest of us are just happy that you’re here. Really!
- For many of us, the studio is a sacred space, so out of respect for your fellow yogis, please:
- ~ arrive a few minutes early so you can sign in and set up before class starts
- ~ take off your shoes before entering the studio
- ~ turn off/silence your cellphone
- ~ get what you need, find a spot, and begin to silence yourself
- If you have any concerns or health issues that you think may affect your practice, please talk with your teacher before class. There is nothing too small to bring up – if it’s your concern, it’s ours as well.
- If you need to leave early, please let your teacher know before class, this will enable him/her to provide for you a Savasana (resting meditation) to close your practice. It really is the most important part of class and sometimes the hardest!
We look forward to sharing our love of Yoga with each of you !